[PD] A quick question - a bug or me?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 14:32:28 CET 2022

Check the actual font used by setting Log level 4 All and compare "detected font" with "using font." On Linux, Pd doesn't include the font itself, so it relies on DVSM being installed to the system and Tk finding it when the GUI opens. If it can't find DVSM, it reverts to a series of backup fonts starting with the old default of Courier.

> On Jan 28, 2022, at 1:11 PM, Pierre Alexandre Tremblay <tremblap at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The result is that if you make a patch on one system with the standard font and open it on another with the same or ver similar (macOS)-sized font, the rendering should be very close.
>
> It was close enough indeed, except on Ubuntu 18 which makes a complete mess. It might be on my side too.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>