[PD] [sfinfo~]

Pierre Alexandre Tremblay tremblap at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 19:17:21 CET 2022

Hello again

So I was missing an object that is quite useful when dealing with audio files in batches. Attached is the ugly file in progress to read (with [file]) the header of audio files and demingle it to get the number of channels and number of frames and sampling rate… what the Max object [sfinfo~] does.

Now I notices that the pd API offers me the headers to recode it in C - so I have 2 options here

- I don’t bother anyone and I coder it as fluid.sfinfo
- I code it as [sfinfo~] and make a PR and pray that the dev gods pick on it and in the meantime I just include my PR version.

I looked in decken and couldn’t find that string (soundfile, sound file, etc) so I’m pretty sure it is not there.

In all cases this is a very useful object to have. I offer my pd attempt in sacrifice to the people who want to have a laugh. It kind of works… but that ‘extended’ format (80 bit float anyone?) is a pain to detangle :)