[PD] [sfinfo~]

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 23:04:48 CET 2022

It's a bug, the failure is here: https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/blob/master/src/d_soundfile.c#L1307 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/blob/master/src/d_soundfile.c#L1307>

The intent as previously stated is that not supplying a table name should use the value read from the header. However, for raw files there is no header so we *have* to try reading the length of the file. This logic is not working and I will try to fix it now.

Previously, I had a an "info" message which did this separately from "read" when I was overhauling sound file handling, but Miller's suggestion to check for the array name was more elegant.

> On Jan 28, 2022, at 9:55 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 20:55:43 +0000
> From: Pierre Alexandre Tremblay <tremblap at gmail.com <mailto:tremblap at gmail.com>>
> To: Lucas Cordiviola <lucarda27 at hotmail.com <mailto:lucarda27 at hotmail.com>>
> Cc: pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] [sfinfo~]
>
> In d_soundfile.c around line 1207 we could see if there is only 1 arg left as a else if. If that?s the case, we could just bail down to done: and bob?s your uncle...

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>