[PD] ggee shell does not work in 0.52

martin brinkmann mnb at martin-brinkmann.de
Sun Jan 30 18:59:06 CET 2022

On 28/01/2022 08:53, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> it's of course always nicer to be vanilla only.
> i suggested zexy mainly because you were *already* using an external

that is true, though i try to use as few externals as possible, and i
had already to use something to invoke commands. i have switched to
[command] and it works fine (except for numeric values being converted
to floats and coming out of the left outlet (!?), but adding a (non
numeric) character to the output helped.)

> but if you do want a vanilla solution for setting initial values, i'd go
> the other way round: create a script that invokes Pd, providing whatever
> unique values you need.

that is a good idea! maybe i'll add some system info to my pd-startup
script. though i have to think of some kind of fallback, in case pd
is not invoked from this script...

bis denn!
	martin