[PD] ggee shell does not work in 0.52

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 21:43:53 CET 2022

On Sun, 2022-01-30 at 18:59 +0100, martin brinkmann wrote:
> i have switched to
> [command] and it works fine (except for numeric values being
> converted
> to floats and coming out of the left outlet (!?), but adding a (non
> numeric) character to the output helped.)

[command] parses stdout and stderr of the command as a FUDI message.
Numeric values are returned as floats, symbolic values as symbols and
leading, trailing, or multiple spaces (or tabs) are discarded. I
_think_ quite a few objects interfacing the outside world behave like
this, so I assume it is kind of a standard.

If you want to preserve the exact output, use the binary format invoked
with the -b flag [command -b]. This returns the results as list of
bytes. You could use [list tosymbol] to convert the whole thing to a
single symbol. If you want more sophisticated parsing, you can do it,
though it probably takes a little effort.

Roman