[PD] ggee shell does not work in 0.52

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 22:25:21 CET 2022

On Tue, 2022-02-01 at 21:17 +0100, martin brinkmann wrote:
> On 30/01/2022 21:43, Roman Haefeli wrote:
>

> > If you want to preserve the exact output, use the binary format
> > invoked
> > with the -b flag [command -b]. This returns the results as list of
> > bytes. You could use [list tosymbol] to convert the whole thing to
> > single symbol.
>
> i have tried this (and used list/tosymbol before with filenames as
> numeric characters), and it works. but the problem is, that
>
> exec date +%S%M%H%m%d
>
> (my randomseed which looks like 3401210201 for example)
>
> apparently prepends a parsed numeric value to LS_EXIT (first)
> outlet of [command]).

I'm confused. The left outlet of [command] outputs the exit code of the
command, not the stdout of it. The middle inlet is supposed to output
the stdout of the command.

> the output is something like
> print: 5.70921e+09
> print: 0
> and nothing at the middle (and right) outlet.

As I tried to explain previously, this is expected behavior in Pd land.
If you want to preserve the exact output, use the -b flag and convert
the result to a symbol with [list tosymbol]:

[exec date +%S%M%H%m%d(

[command]
    |               <- middle outlet
    [list tosymbol]

    [print]

Gives me: symbol 4416220201

Note:
If your [command] outputs stdout on the left, then you're using a
unreleased beta version of [command] that probably even hasn't the -b
flag implemented. However, only the released version v0.1 is available
through Deken.

Roman