[PD] will 64bit Pd solve large table indexing issue?

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Tue Mar 1 12:16:44 CET 2022

"64-bit $APP" traditionally means: $APP compiled for a 64-bit
architecture. In that sense, Pd has already been 64-bit for a couple of
yours, unless you're running a 32-bit OS or use 32-bit legacy builds.

Now, I guess what you actually mean is single-precision vs.
double-precision, but this is completely unrelated to CPU architeture.

64-bit Pd -> Pd compiled for a 64-bit architecture.

double precision Pd -> Pd that internally uses double precision floating
point numbers for audio computation and messages.

> will a 64bit Pd solve the problem of numerical inaccuracy when indexing
no, but double precision Pd does!

Christof