[PD] plugin.tcl not changing anything, linux

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 19:57:26 CET 2022

Thanks, IOhannes, for the link. It's easy to get lost in old documentation.

Does anyone know if any of the instructions on
http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins are applicable to Pd 0.5+ anymore or
should we update the page to show which versions of Pd are capable of using
these tcl plugins?

Sam

> On 3/3/22 15:59, Samuel Burt wrote:
> > Hi, list.
> >
> > In Pop_OS (Debian derivative), I created a file called
> > *canvasgrey-plugin.tcl* and populated it with:
> >
> > set ::canvas_fill "gray75"
> > set ::text_color "#222"
> >
> > I've openned Pd, created new windows, saved the preferences, but seen no
> > change in the canvas or text color. Any suggestions?
> >
> > This page <http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins/GuiPluginsAPI> seems
> recent

this page refers to pd-extended (long dead), and doesn't apply to pd
> (vanilla).

theres currently no way to set the colors in Pd, but there's a [196]
> that tries to add this possibility.

gasmr

[196] https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/196