[PD] Pd-list Digest, Vol 204, Issue 29

Philip Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Mon Mar 21 01:44:01 CET 2022

I finally took the plunge (don’t know why I’ve never done this before) and figured out how to compile an external, trying ‘comport’ for arm64 to start with, and got the same result as me.grimm. XCode version is 13.3 if that matters, but I called make directly from the shell.

Sorry for my ignorance on the compiling aspect, but I do wish to learn, now that I have some time.

Phil

  *   *comport.c:693:9: **error: **implicit declaration of function 'error' is
invalid in C99 [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration]*

        error("[comport]: %ld not valid, using closest value: %ld", *baud,
baudratetable[i]);

changed "error" to "pd_error" and compiles and loads. lots of warnings
though.

forked here:  https://github.com/megrimm/pd-comport