[PD] Pd 0.52-1 - frozen dsp and gui in ubuntu 20.04

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Mon Mar 21 23:57:23 CET 2022

* Bruno Rohde <brunorohde at gmail.com> [2022-03-21 18:20]:
> I just installed the latest version enabling the "jammy" repo (the one that
> has 0.52-1), and the result was the same, no DSP using Jack.
> No luck so far :(
But great that you tried it and hence gathered more information about your
problem. You know that you can increase Pd's debugging level and/or
start it with the -verbose flag to get more detailed error messages.
Does Pd post anything there when you start DSP?

On the jackd side: Are you getting any messages from jackd, for example
by looking at qjackctl's "Messages"?

And do you have a second alternative sound card you could try?

cheersz, P