[PD] Pd 0.52-1 - frozen dsp and gui in ubuntu 20.04

Bruno Rohde brunorohde at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 03:00:15 CET 2022

> You know that you can increase Pd's debugging level and/or
> start it with the -verbose flag to get more detailed error messages.
> Does Pd post anything there when you start DSP?

Yes, I know, but there's no info about the problem, that's the main reason
I came to ask here (for the first time in 10 years using Pd, btw).

On the jackd side: Are you getting any messages from jackd, for example
> by looking at qjackctl's "Messages"?

I see nothing special from jackd side, looks like everything is working
properly, and Pd shows up in patchbays like qjackctl and catia. Starting
jackd via terminal with -v(erbose) and comparing 0.51.4 (audio ok) and
0.52.1 (no audio) the output looks the same.

And do you have a second alternative sound card you could try?

Not now, but it doesn't seem it will make a difference in this case. When I
have my other sound card in the next few days I'll try again.

Do you think it's worth opening an issue on pd's github?

Thank you for the support,

Cheers

Em seg., 21 de mar. de 2022 às 19:58, Peter P. <peterparker at fastmail.com>
escreveu:

> * Bruno Rohde <brunorohde at gmail.com> [2022-03-21 18:20]:
> > I just installed the latest version enabling the "jammy" repo (the one
> that
> > has 0.52-1), and the result was the same, no DSP using Jack.
> > No luck so far :(
> But great that you tried it and hence gathered more information about your
> problem. You know that you can increase Pd's debugging level and/or
> start it with the -verbose flag to get more detailed error messages.
> Does Pd post anything there when you start DSP?
>
> On the jackd side: Are you getting any messages from jackd, for example
> by looking at qjackctl's "Messages"?
>
> And do you have a second alternative sound card you could try?
>
> cheersz, P

Bruno Faria Rohde