[PD] Pd 0.52-1 - frozen dsp and gui in ubuntu 20.04

Bruno Rohde brunorohde at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 15:29:40 CET 2022

Thanks Christof and Roman for the clarification, now I understand it a
little!

Actually, before Pd 0.52, the polling scheduler did not really work
> correctly together with the Jack backend, i.e. the "Delay" setting was
> basically ignored and it just did double buffering. This has been fixed.
>
> Anyway, Pd should make sure that "Delay" is not smaller than the Jack
> buffer size, thus preventing silent output. If that's not the case,
> please file a bug report!

You're right! I was using a 10ms delay with 512 buffer size / 3 periods on
Jack.
As soon as I changed to 12ms DSP worked normally. I used 10ms on Pd for a
long time, but it was ignored as you said, and now it has turned into my
"problem".

So, that is not a bug, but maybe this limit should be clearly stated
somewhere to avoid confusion.

Thank you all so much!

Em ter., 22 de mar. de 2022 às 11:08, Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com>
escreveu:

> On 22.03.2022 15:00, Roman Haefeli wrote:
>
> >  From my experience,
> > setting it too low causes Pd to not process audio at all. In my
> > experience, this value is below 5ms, but this probably depends on
> > JACK's blocksize setting.
>
> This might actually explain the issue!
>
> @Bruno: what is you current value of "Delay" in the audio settings and
> what is your Jack buffer size?
>
> Actually, before Pd 0.52, the polling scheduler did not really work
> correctly together with the Jack backend, i.e. the "Delay" setting was
> basically ignored and it just did double buffering. This has been fixed.
>
> Anyway, Pd should make sure that "Delay" is not smaller than the Jack
> buffer size, thus preventing silent output. If that's not the case,
> please file a bug report!

Bruno Faria Rohde