[PD] Compiling cyclone for Darwin-arm6

Philip Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 24 15:44:40 CET 2022

Hi Christof,

Thank you for the pointers. Running ‘make’ on its own does indeed build cyclone, and since I’m doing it on an M1 macbook, it generates arm64 executables, and ‘install’ puts them in ~/lib/cyclone. (? - Is that right?), and they actually work!

However, I was hoping to generate fat, single-library binaries for Deken, and I thought CMake might make that easier. I will look into the necessary flags for doing it with ‘make’.

Thanks again,

Phil

From: Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com>

You have to set PD_INCLUDEDIR to point to Pd's "src" folder because the
build system needs to find the header files.

That being said, cyclone's build system could have some code to set some
reasonable default values. That's what I do in my CMake based Pd
externals, so I know it's possible :-)

---

On the other hand, cyclone also supports the pd-lib-builder build
system. Just cd into the top level folder (containing "Makefile") and
type "make". pd-lib-builder should be able to find the Pd header files
automagically.

Christof