[PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.52-2 released

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Wed Mar 30 12:24:02 CEST 2022

Now *I* am utterly confused.

> now people seem to all agree that it was much better way back then.
I think everybody agrees that there should be an ARM64 binary for macOS.
The question is just whether it should be the default on M1 machines
when there are so few ARM64 externals for macOS available on Deken. (I
count 9: zexy, comport, xsample, pool, clk, absattr, vasp, zconf,
constantq~)

Actually, this issue already came up two months ago and someone called
it a "lousy UX":

https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2022-01/130772.html

So what has changed?

---

As I said before, we might alternatively add a disclaimer to the
download page that people might want to force-run Pd under Rosetta if
they don't find all the externals they need.

However, I'm not a Mac user and I don't have a ball in this game. I was
just parotting what I thought the consensus was back then...

Christof