[PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.52-2 released

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:43:03 CEST 2022

I would add instructions on running the app under Rosetta for older externals. I would *not* start providing separate builds.

Forcing Rosetta is also something extensively documented online and on Apple's own website:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861 <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861>

I would say we really only need a small note underneath the download link such as:

On M1 systems, you may need to force the app to run with Rosetta for externals which are not yet compiled for arm64:
Right-click on Pd, choose Get Info, check Open using Rosetta.

> On Mar 30, 2022, at 5:37 PM, Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com> wrote:
>
> 2) make a better solution for the status quo (either seperate builds or some big warning + instructions on the download page)

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>