[PD] why units per pixel: -1 by default on subpatches?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 06:43:01 CEST 2022

Em sáb., 2 de abr. de 2022 às 17:47, João Pais <jmmmpais at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> the problem is that when making new patches where height plays a role,
> unless you know the limits for your height and set your window accordingly,
> you'll always have to play around with the vertical slider for it to
> display correctly.

yes, but that works both ways, wether it is a positive of negative value.
It is also true for the horizontal dimension, if you don't know the width
it may get out of bounds and you need to resize. And there is no real issue
resizing the height of the window if the Y unit is "1", you just need to
understand where the origin is to understand what happens. You can resize
by dragging the top corners instead of the bottom ones also, so I don't get
the point behind this.

Also, I think I remember display errors in the windows when opening them,
> even if the canvas was saved with enough height; readjusting minimally the
> canvas height fixes it.

well, seems like a bug we need to fix

cheers