[PD] Question about [mrpeach/midifile] status

David dfkettle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 22:50:47 CEST 2022

Hi!

Is anyone still supporting the MrPeach external, in particular,
[mrpeach/midifile]? I've had no luck creating MIDI files, except for the
most trivial of examples. If I try to play back the file, I just get a
stream of error messages like the following:

midifile: No running status on track 0 at 957

And if I try to play it back using [cyclone/seq], I get the following error
messages:

seq's warning: missing running status in midi file... skip to end of track
seq's warning: no valid miditracks

And if I try to play the file with Windows Media Player, I get the
following error:

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

I'd like to use [mrpeach/midifile] rather than [cyclone/seq] because it
seems to have more features (ability to specify track numbers, save
meta-data, etc.). But if nobody is supporting it any more, maybe I'll just
forget it. I've posted questions on the forum (
https://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/), but so far I haven't been able to solve
the problem.

Also, if anyone knows of more extensive examples of its use than what's in
the help file, that might be helpful too. But so far, Google hasn't turned
up any.

Thanks.