[PD] Pd 52.2 different font in console?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 12:42:01 CEST 2022

The font detection & loading looks like it's working fine via our custom pdfontloader:

https://github.com/pure-data/pdfontloader <https://github.com/pure-data/pdfontloader>

The font on Windows and Linux has always been bold:

https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/blob/master/font/README.txt#L33 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/blob/master/font/README.txt#L33>

What may have changed is how Tk calls the Windows API to do the rendering. I would ask more of a Windows dev about this (Christof, Lucarda, etc).

How does it look if you add "-font-weight normal" to the startup flags and restart Pd? To confirm, the using font line should the change to:

using font: DejaVu Sans Mono normal

Another thing to try: "-font-face Courier" then see if the rendering is better with a native font for the system. If so, this could indicate some issue or change with how we load a local TTF font file.

> On Apr 9, 2022, at 12:01 PM, rolfm at dds.nl wrote:
>
> @Dan
>
> i gave you incomplete debug info, should be this:
>
> pdfontloader loaded DejaVuSansMono.ttf
> pdfontloader loaded DejaVuSansMono-Bold.ttf
> pdfontloader loaded DejaVuSansMono-Oblique.ttf
> pdfontloader loaded DejaVuSansMono-BoldOblique.ttf
> 'pd-gui' connecting to 'pd' on localhost 5331 ...

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>