[PD] Pd 52.2 different font in console?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 19:07:05 CEST 2022

Didn't you and IOhannes discuss this ad nauseam on GitHub? In any case, I believe the console font can now be set by the Edit->Font dialog when the Pd window is in focus. By default, I imagine it uses the default font size you yourself changed with in Pd: 12. Since you can easily change this value, there isn't really an issue, is there?

> On Apr 9, 2022, at 6:03 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> while we're at it. I also see a difference in the console font for 0.52-2. I'm on mac and it's using menlo normal as before. The thing is that the text looks bigger and the text I print on the terminal when loading my 'else' external doesn't really fit as before. I was able to change the console font to '10' and it fits now, but it also looks tinier.
>
> It also seems that at one point the console font was smaller than the default patch font and this got fixed recently?
>
> anyway, I'll just change the text my external loads so it currently better fits the console window with a font size of 12, which I think it's what the console for everyone looks like.
>
> cheers
>
> Em sex., 8 de abr. de 2022 às 08:50, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com <mailto:danomatika at gmail.com>> escreveu:
> Turn log level to 4. What is the font debug info printed at start?
>
>> On Apr 8, 2022, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list-request at lists.iem.at> wrote:
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 11:35:39 +0200
>> From: rolfm at dds.nl <mailto:rolfm at dds.nl>
>> To: Pd list <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
>> Subject: [PD] Pd 52.2 different font in console?
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> i just upgraded from 52.1 to 52.2 on Windows 10.
>>
>> i noticed:
>>
>> first: text in Pd-console looks much clearer.
>>
>> then: in 52.1 (and before(?)) the font in the Pd-console was different
>> from the one in the patches.
>>
>> now in 52.2 the font in the console and in the patches seems the same,
>> BUT the patches look like having an ugly bold version.
>>
>> i was used to that, but of course now i would like to have the same
>> clear image as in the console.
>>
>> rolf
>
> --------
> Dan Wilcox