[PD] Ann external source or 64-bit build?

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 15:39:58 CEST 2022

I got into this a few years ago and updated/extended the [ann_mlp] object.
Here's the repo: https://github.com/wbrent/pd_fann. I just tried building
it against the latest version of FANN (2.2.0) and it still appears to work
fine. I need to update the project to use pd-lib-builder, but the included
Makefile works for x86_64 builds on Mac.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 8:34 AM Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:

> I could be wrong, but I don't believe anyone has taken over maintenance of
> [ann]. The original sources are still in the SVN export to
> git.puredata.info:
>
> http://git.puredata.info/cgit/svn2git/libraries/ann.git/
>
> If there is interest, we could push this to the pd-externals group on
> GitHub, add pd-lib-builder support, then someone can take over maintenance.
> You perhaps? :)
>
> On Apr 11, 2022, at 9:48 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 09:38:51 +0300
> From: Alexandros <adrcki at gmail.com>
> To: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: [PD] Ann external source or 64-bit build?
>
> I run into [ann] in Pd's website
> (http://puredata.info/Members/dmorelli/ann/ann/) from the Fann homepage
> and downloaded the Linux version, but it's a 32-bit build and Pd can't
> load it. I can't find it in deken. Anyone (IOhannes maybe, since you
> have provided the Linux build) has the source code so I can try to
> compile (any compilation instructions would be great too).
>
> Thanks,
> Alexandros
>

> --------
> Dan Wilcox
> @danomatika <http://twitter.com/danomatika>
> danomatika.com
> robotcowboy.com

William Brent

“Great minds flock together”
Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century

www.conflations.com