[PD] [PD-announce] 1st Release Candidate of ELSE 1.0-0 (with Live Electronics Tutorial)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Apr 20 09:48:19 CEST 2022

On 4/20/22 09:19, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Hey, first update of ELSE and the tutorial in 2022 has been released.

congratulations!

> The Live Electronics Tutorial has also been updated, check detailed
> changelog at: https://github.com/porres/pd-else/releases/tag/v1.0-rc1

one thing i never understood (and forgive me if i asked before and
forgot): why is the "with live electronics tutorial" string part of the
version? (i can think of a number of technical reasons, but conceptually
i think it shouldn't be part of the version but rather of the description)

you *can* change the 'title' of uploaded files on the portal, and deken
will display this instead of the filename.

see the deadkeys-hotfix-plugin (search for "*hotfix*") or the
"mediasettings" library.
(as can be seen in these examples, there are obviously some problems
with reserved HTML-characters - e.g. "<" is currently rendered as ">"
- so best to avoid them).
this allows you to show some information to the user beyond the filename,
descriptions are not searchable (but versions are neither), and will not
be taken into account for filtering or sorting.

here's how to do it:
- login to puredata.info
- open the URL containing your uploads
- click on the package file
- at the to pof the page you should see an "Edit" tab (below the
breadcrumb) - click it
- change the "Title" to something of your liking, e.g.
   "ELSE - with Live Electronics Tutorial (macOS/Linux/Windows 64bit)"
- hit "Save" (near the bottom of the page)

mgfdasr
IOhannes