[PD] Pd, pipewire, and MIDI

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 21:49:41 CEST 2022

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, IOhannes.

I have qpwgraph. It shows my hardware as alsa and pipewire MIDI ports. I
suppose Pd would show MIDI ports if I compile it with the right flags?
Because Pd is showing /dev/midi1, I'm assuming that my current config is
still giving me OSS ports instead of ALSA.

Here's my current configuration:

./configure --enable-jack --disable-oss --disable-portaudio --enable-alsa

Is there a separate flag for alsa-midi? I don't see any other relevant
flags in ./configure --help.

Sam

Am 27. April 2022 19:20:42 MESZ schrieb Samuel Burt
<composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
>*Pop_OS just changed over to pipewire as its audio backend. It's working
*>*great with Pd, but I can't seem to get MIDI working.
*>>*I have an Akai MPK mini connected, but the only things that show up in MIDI
*>*Settings are /dev/midi1 and /dev/midi2. Do I need to compile Pd with other
*>*flags?
*>

Typically you would use ALSA-MIDI (instead of the default OSS-MIDI),
and connect Pd with your devices via some external application like
qjackctl, qpwctl (if I remember the name correctly), or good olde
aconnect.

mfg.sfg.jfd
IOhannes