[PD] Pd, pipewire, and MIDI

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:37:31 CEST 2022

Still no luck compiling with alsa-midi support. I must still be missing
something.

Is this the correct configuration to compile?

./configure --enable-jack --disable-oss --enable-portmidi

Is portmidi MIDI through alsa? That's how it is described on the portmidi
site. Pd doesn't have an --enable-alsa-midi flag, so I assume it's got to
be something else.

With the above configuration, my MIDI options are still /dev/midi1 and
/dev/midi2. Aren't these the expected devices for OSS? I've disabled OSS.

Neither qpwgraph, qjackctl, nor aconnect show MIDI ports for Pd.

Message: 2