[PD] [key], [keyup] and operating system key reapat

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Sun May 1 18:44:44 CEST 2022

Thanks Lucas, thanks Sebastian,

so the OS X behavior can be made the same as the windows one once the
system preferences are set correctly...
It seems there is no way of getting consistent behavior on all three
OSes by default:
On Windows I have to filter repeated key-ons.
On OS X I have to change the global repeat preferences and filter out
repeated key-ons.
On Linux I have to disable key repeat via "xset r off" and am done.

It would be great it this could be unified further, the OS X bugfix is
already a big step into the right direction. I suppose it would not be
easy/impossible at all?

Shouldn't/couldn't the filtering of repeated note-ons be done within the
objects on Win and OS X at least?

Thanks again,

* Sebastian Shader via Pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at> [2022-04-29 09:04]: