[PD] [key], [keyup] and operating system key reapat

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon May 2 12:35:17 CEST 2022

For me, every time this topic comes up, I get recurring nightmares of having to write, set, and apply patches to the Tk source code. From my point of view, we should enjoy what works as it is and remember that for some people, the key handling should respect the general system as opposed to being Pd-specific. Of course, some may have a different opinion, in which case I ask them to contribute working solutions for test/discussion.

The only other solution is to open more issues and *hope* IOhannes fix everything again, but I *think* his feeling is similar to mine above... ;)

> On May 2, 2022, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 18:50:34 +0200
> From: "Peter P." <peterparker at fastmail.com <mailto:peterparker at fastmail.com>>
> To: pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] [key], [keyup] and operating system key reapat
>
> * Peter P. <peterparker at fastmail.com <mailto:peterparker at fastmail.com>> [2022-05-01 18:44]:
> [...]
>> Shouldn't/couldn't the filtering of repeated note-ons be done within the
>> objects on Win and OS X at least?
> Oh, just saw this issue
> https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/945 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/945>
> and several related others. Seems complicated and a lot of work has gone
> into the current behavior already... I am wondering what the current
> status is, and if there is any future work planned?
>
> Thanks to everyone working on it!!

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>