[PD] Popup window appearing once in a while : "Expecting Value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)"

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed May 4 12:35:43 CEST 2022

It could also be some other AppleScript running somewhere... https://www.fireebok.com/resource/how-to-fix-error-while-installing-pops-up-on-mac.html <https://www.fireebok.com/resource/how-to-fix-error-while-installing-pops-up-on-mac.html>

A Tk error will look different and have a selectable text-box.

> On May 4, 2022, at 12:34 PM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A Google search indicates this is likely malware and not Pd:
>
> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252501431 <https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252501431>
>
>> On May 4, 2022, at 12:22 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list-request at lists.iem.at> wrote:
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 08:46:19 +0200
>> From: Nicolas Montgermont <list at nimon.org <mailto:list at nimon.org>>
>> To: Pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
>> Subject: [PD] Popup window appearing once in a while : "Expecting
>> 	Value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)"
>>
>> Hello Pders,
>>
>> On a patch designed to run for a long time,
>> I have a window appearing every few hours:
>>
>> Error while installing : Expecting Value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
>>
>> Error while installing : Expecting Value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
>>

>> Do you know where it comes from?
>> Pd 0.51.0
>> OSX 10.9.1
>> Thanks !