[PD] two sliders on top of each other (XY-Controller)?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri May 13 08:22:50 CEST 2022

Not a direct answer but: Try the droidparty [touch] abstraction:

https://github.com/chr15m/PdDroidParty/tree/master/droidparty-abstractions <https://github.com/chr15m/PdDroidParty/tree/master/droidparty-abstractions>

It uses data structures to make a draggable xy slider(set), vanilla-only.

> On May 12, 2022, at 7:23 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 13:54:07 +0200
> From: "Peter P." <peterparker at fastmail.com <mailto:peterparker at fastmail.com>>
> To: pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: [PD] two sliders on top of each other (XY-Controller)?
>
> Hi list,
>
> jus tried if two sliders placed on top of each other could work as a
> simple XY-contoller. They do not, but more interestingly it is the lower
> of the two slider that receives the mouse clicks while the upper is
> visible. Is this intentional?
>
> Could GUI objects be transparent in color as well as for clicks in any
> way?
>
> I know about the canvas-objects reporting their positions (and it would
> be cool if they would report mouse-downs and -ups as well), but don't
> like the fact that I have to be in edit mode to move them.
>
> It seems there is no other vanilla way for xy-controllers then...
>
> thanks!
> Peter

--------
Dan Wilcox