[PD] two sliders on top of each other (XY-Controller)?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri May 13 15:34:51 CEST 2022

(Replaying to the pd-list as well.)

I have used it with no problems. I believe the -1 is there so you can detect if the mouse is no longer dragging, kind of like active / inactive events. Just add a filter on the output like [moses 0]. I'm not sure why you see errors.

At the very least, you should be able to copy and modify the internals to suit your needs. Chris did most of the work already...

> On May 13, 2022, at 2:37 AM, Peter P. <peterparker at fastmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Dan,
>
> this looks promising! Have you tried the abstraction yourself? It seems
> it outputs a -1 whenever the mouse pointer has stoppend moving? And it
> throws
> 1040template-marker: no such template
> upon creation...
>
> cheersz, P
>
> * Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> [2022-05-13 08:31]:
>> Not a direct answer but: Try the droidparty [touch] abstraction:
>>
>> https://github.com/chr15m/PdDroidParty/tree/master/droidparty-abstractions <https://github.com/chr15m/PdDroidParty/tree/master/droidparty-abstractions>
>>
>> It uses data structures to make a draggable xy slider(set), vanilla-only.
>>
>>> On May 12, 2022, at 7:23 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>>>
>>> Message: 2
>>> Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 13:54:07 +0200
>>> From: "Peter P." <peterparker at fastmail.com <mailto:peterparker at fastmail.com>>
>>> To: pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
>>> Subject: [PD] two sliders on top of each other (XY-Controller)?
>>>
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> jus tried if two sliders placed on top of each other could work as a
>>> simple XY-contoller. They do not, but more interestingly it is the lower
>>> of the two slider that receives the mouse clicks while the upper is
>>> visible. Is this intentional?
>>>
>>> Could GUI objects be transparent in color as well as for clicks in any
>>> way?
>>>
>>> I know about the canvas-objects reporting their positions (and it would
>>> be cool if they would report mouse-downs and -ups as well), but don't
>>> like the fact that I have to be in edit mode to move them.
>>>
>>> It seems there is no other vanilla way for xy-controllers then...
>>>
>>> thanks!
>>> Peter
>>
>> --------
>> Dan Wilcox