[PD] Deken-Server functional?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun May 15 23:02:54 CEST 2022

On Sun, 2022-05-15 at 22:23 +0200, Antoine Rousseau wrote:

> .. btw the binary doesn't load on my Ubuntu16.04 machine:
> /home/---/pd-externals/mp3cast~/mp3cast~.l_amd64: /lib/x86_64-linux-
> gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by /home/---
> /pd-externals/mp3cast~/amd64/libmp3lame.so.0)
>
> But after installing libmpg123-dev and libmp3lame-dev, recompiling
> did the trick!

Thanks for testing and for the report. I decided Debian Buster as my
build machine because of another external that has a dependency that
doesn't compile on older releases.

The current builds should work with Ubuntu 20.04 and upwards and Debian
10 and updwards. But there is no reason for the mp3cast~ external not
to be compiled on an older machine. The oldest I have available is
Debian 9. I think that would cover Ubuntu 18.04 and upwards. While
18.04 still has support, 16.04 has not.

Maybe you could upload your 16.04 build, at least for Linux-amd64-32?
That would gives us the greatest coverage. If you do, make sure to bump
the version, so that yours gets priority. I suggest '0.5-1' (like
Debian's revision number).

Roman