[PD] A quick question for C dev - temp file on windows

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jun 24 08:16:48 CEST 2022

Am 23. Juni 2022 16:54:30 MESZ schrieb Pierre Alexandre Tremblay <tremblap at gmail.com>:
>Ok the problem is simple: tcl accepts only path separated with ‘/‘ in windows but

Just for the record: i'm pretty sure this is technically incorrect: tcl will always accept the system path separator. However, when sending the data from the core to the GUI, you must take extra care to escape any backslashes, as the backslash character is special and used as *the* escape character in virtually everything that involves string handling on code level.

> sys_bashfilename doesn’t convert the (adequately) created windows separator. So I’ll do a character substitutor.

The m_pd.h file is notoriously undocumented.
However, if you learn of a (to you) completely new function and it does not exactly what you want, you might want to check out the header for context and similar (sounding) functions.

Also note that often there is some documentation of a given function inhe corresponding C implementation of Pd.

mfg.sfg.jfd
IOhannes