[PD] opening Gem window causes erratic behavior and freezes

John Harrison john.harrison at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jul 14 02:23:45 CEST 2022

Ubuntu 22.04
Nvidia driver 390
Nvidia card GF108GLM (NVS 5200M)
Pd 0.52.1
Gem 0.94

When I open a gemwin the display stops responding. I have to kill Pd from
outside the window manager to get control back. I tried switching to the
nouveau open source driver but that is unusably laggy on this machine.
There appear to be no other versions of the nvidia driver that work with
this card (tried 515, 510 already). All other OpenGL apps such as GLXGears
seem to work fine. Shutting off "sync to vblank" did not help. I'm at a
loss as to what to try next.

John