[PD] [PD-announce] ELSE 1.0-0 Release Candidate 3 with Live Electronics Tutorial is out!

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 16:06:15 CEST 2022

YAY!!! I'm really proud of this one.

This took kind of a while so there's lots and lots of new stuff and
breaking changes. This is the 1st release to reach and exceed 450 objects
(459 in total now, next milestone, 500 objects?). Total number of examples
in the tutorial is now 477. Here are the release's highlights:

- MOST ESPECIALLY, WE FINALLY HAVE DECENT COMPILED BANDLIMITED OSCILLATORS
([bl.saw~], [bl.tri~], [bl.vsaw~], [bl.square~],[bl.imp~], [bl.imp2~])
thanks to Tim Schoen from PlugData, who has become a great partner in the
development of ELSE, since ELSE is part of PlugData ;) This was one of the
last milestones for a proper final release, so maybe we're close.
- Now we have a new [numbox~] GUI compiled object for monitoring and
generating signals (this replaces [diisplay~], which was removed). This is
thanks to Tim Schoen again.
- The [bicoeff] object has been renamed to [bicoeff2] and [bicoeff] is now
a new GUI object based on the "filtergraph" external (this one is still
very experimental and not really acceptable yet).
- All objects with random generators have been revised to take a seed value
and generate unique seeds every time you open the patch. I made a PR to
Pure Data so we have something similar for [random], [noise~] and [array
random].
- [brown~] has an impulse signal input to generate random steps now as well.
- There are 13 new objects, most importantly and not yet mentioned: [brown]
(control browninan motion), [bl.osc~] (a band limited oscillator based on
wavetables), [blip~] (a bandlimited impulse generator) and [scala] (for
importing tunings in the Scala software format).

Complete changelog is here:
https://github.com/porres/pd-else/releases/tag/v1.0-rc3

It's up on deken, have fun.