[PD] Using Arduino Nano 33 BLE with PD?

Martin Dupras martindupras at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 14:09:07 CEST 2022

Hi everyone,

I have used Arduino with the Firmata firmware with good results in the past
(several years go.)

I’m curious to know if anyone has any experience of using the Nano 33 BLE
with PD. My understanding is that the Firmata firmware does not yet support
the Nano 33 BLE.

I’m unclear about how I would interface with the Nano because, from what I
understand, instead of sending a continuous stream of data, the BLE system
sends opens a connection, sends data, then closes the connection and goes
back to sleep. I presume that this behaviour may not be compatible with the
comport object.

If anyone has any experience or guidance on this, I will be very grateful
if you can share your thoughts.

Thanks!

- martin