[PD] [vstplugin~] on a RPI 3 ? ...

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 13:44:51 CEST 2022

Hi Oliver

On Tue, 2022-09-20 at 12:28 +0200, oliver wrote:

> i'm trying to install [vstplugin~] on a RPI 3+
>
> (PD version is 0.54.1 - raspbian buster)

Wow, can I have that version too? What does it feature? :-)

> deken doesn't find any files compiled for ARM.
> trying "apt install pd-vstplugin~" doesn't work either

Usually, deb package names omit the ~. But there is also no 'pd-
vstplugin' in Debian/Raspbian/Raspberry Pi OS.

> Do i have to try to compile it myself ?

I tried and failed at:

/home/pi/pd-src/vstplugin/vst/Search.cpp:77:4: error: #error "CPU architecture not supported (yet)"
   77 |   #error "CPU architecture not supported (yet)"
      |    ^~~~~

> Or do i need a newer system ?

Probably not. I wonder if it is possible at all to compile it on archs
that are not explicitly supported by the VST SDKs.

Roman