[PD] selecting audio device by device name using startup flag

Jakob Laue jakkesprinter at web.de
Thu Sep 29 18:01:24 CEST 2022

Dear list,
i would like to use the command line to start a patch on a raspberry pi. Is it possible to select my audio-out-device by name using startup flags? The name that Pd gives my audio device is: 'Scarlett Solo USB (hardware)'

The '-audiooutdev' flag is used indicating the number of the device-list, but I am afraid that the lists' order could sometimes change, hence the startup flag would choose the wrong interface.

Thanks, Jakob