[PD] [hidraw] pre Deken release. was:(Reading/writing a HID device current best practice?)

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 6 20:19:02 CEST 2022

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the test.

> Would hidraw enable to get access multitouch data? Like fingerpincher
> on Max?

I doubt it but not sure. Looking at the sources of fingerincher from
https://www.anyma.ch/2009/research/multitouch-external-for-maxmsp/ this
looks to me as an apple exclusive device and software. I guess that
someone with a an apple machine can port fingerpincher to Pd exclusively
for macOS.

But what happens if you move two or more fingers in the touchpad? (you
can get all the list of bytes in the listbox)

and afraid of saying something stupid: what happens if you create 4
[hidraw] objects and open devices 4, 5, 6 and 7 (one per object). Do you
get at least 4 different readings?