[PD] Question re comport on Raspberry Pi

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 7 15:27:02 CEST 2022

Hi Kerry,

Not sure this helps:

### get the comport sources

from https://git.iem.at/pd/comport

extract the pkg.

### compile

cd the terminal to the extracted folder an do

     make

if the compiler can't find "m_pd.h" do

     make PDDIR=<path to your Pd installation">

if you want the output striped and on an specific location do:

     make PDDIR=<path/to/your/Pd/installation" PDLIBDIR=<path/to/ouput>
install.

### post back your compiler errors (if all the above fails)

### Deken

most likely you don't have to install Deken.

You access it from Pd's menu: `help/find externals` or also from the web

     https://deken.puredata.info/results.html?name=comport

###

I have no experience at all with any Raspberry Pi but it looks that
yours is an arm6 architecture. Without really knowing what I'm saying it
looks that you won't find binaries for that arch on Deken.