[PD] [hidraw] pre Deken release. was:(Reading/writing a HID device current best practice?)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 01:17:32 CEST 2022

> On Oct 7, 2022, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 17:32:50 -0300
> From: Lucas Cordiviola <lucarda27 at hotmail.com <mailto:lucarda27 at hotmail.com>>
> To: "hans w. koch" <hansw.koch at gmail.com <mailto:hansw.koch at gmail.com>>
> Cc: William Brent <william.brent at gmail.com <mailto:william.brent at gmail.com>>, Pd-List
> 	<pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] [hidraw] pre Deken release. was:(Reading/writing a
> 	HID device current best practice?)

> Thanks Hans!
>
> I thank all the M1 testers.
>
> Seems I'll wait for Dan's makefile for the notarizing stuff. Or later
> try to update if possible my Xcode VM (as in iem-ci.yml) to be able to :
> "try to switch to the latest and greatest XCode, so we get 'altool'" and
> stuff.

Actually using altool is deprecated and you get a warning that the uploads will fail after a certain date. Xcode 13+ uses notarytool and will be the only way to submit for notarization in the (near) future. You will need a VM running macOS 11.3 at a minimum to install Xcode 13.

So far I have both methods implemented but just need to clean everything up before I am confident with sharing. This weekend, hopefully.\, as I have other stuff waiting.

> M1 users please note that is not that simple (for me or you) to (build
> and) share arm64 binaries.

OTOH it's still fine for users to build simpler binaries themselves. No warnings when used on the same build system.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>