[PD] [hidraw] pre Deken release. was:(Reading/writing a HID device current best practice?)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 17:55:27 CEST 2022

Howdy Lucas,

I have the makefiles working but realize now I need to do some refactoring to better handle non-app bundles like dylib libraries. Apparently the notarization process is a little different. In any case, you can check them out for now but I will be working on them further:

https://github.com/zkmkarlsruhe/mac-app-builder <https://github.com/zkmkarlsruhe/mac-app-builder>

Yes, you need an Apple Developer account (and Apple ID to sign up for one) in order to create the certificates for code signing as well as notarization. The overview is in the readme.

The notarization process for dylibs appears to be:

* build the dylibs (in our case pd externals)
* codesign them
* notarize them (upload to Apple notarization server)
* package them into a disk image .dmg
* sign the dmg
* staple the dmg with the notarization ticket

Distributing via zip will not work in this case because the zip cannot be signed like a dmg.

I think it might make sense for us to make a Makefile.pdlibnotarizer or something similar.

I also have a separate repo with example programs (Cocoa, openFrameworks, console + dylib) for testing, but it's not ready yet. I managed to get the dylib signed this morning which is when I found out my assumptions for the whole process are different between apps and libs. :(

> On Oct 11, 2022, at 4:48 PM, Lucas Cordiviola <lucarda27 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> @ Dan
>
> I'm back on my "machines home". I did:
>
>     xcrun notarytool
>
> and I got its help options.
>
> Do I need an `apple developer` account ?
>
> I don't even have an `apple id`.
>
> How should I proceed? do I wait for your script? do i get my `apple id`?
>
> I'm sure I'm not the only one willing to provide arm64 builds (pd-porres has already inquired me on this).

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>