[PD] convert an audio signal to floats at single audio sample precision

Derek Holzer macumbista at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 17:59:18 CEST 2022

Dear list,

I am trying to convert an audio signal into a series of floats. I
would like to do this for every sample in the audio signal, however
the closest I can get using a variety of techniques is in blocks of 64
samples. I have tried snapshot with a metro set at 1 sample intervals.
I have also tried using tabsend to write the audio to a table and then
read it back at a rate of one sample at a time, using the timer object
set to an interval of 1 sample and a block~ object to rest it at the
end of every DSP block. I cannot get to single sample accuracy either
way. How else could I try?

Why do I need this? Well I am using Gem's pix_data to get a new
brightness value from its frame buffer for every sample in the audio
signal, however pix_data only responds to messages. So alternately, I
would be very interested if someone wanted to modify pix_data to
respond to audio signals.

Thank you for your kind attention,
Derek