[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.53-0test1 released

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Oct 21 22:16:08 CEST 2022

On 10/21/22 18:23, Giulio Moro via Pd-list wrote:
> I am sorry if this conversation has taken place before and I missed it,
> but is it expected that the default parameters (size etc) for most

from my side: yes, totally expected:

https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/1638

> (all?) iemguis has changed with 0.53 compared to 0.52 (and possibly all
> previous versions)?
> E.g.:
> hsl
>   width: 128->162
>   height: 15->19
>   label font size: 10->12
>   y-offset: -8->-10
> tgl:
>   Size: 15->9
>   label font size: 10->12
>   Y-offset: 7->-10

this is not entirely correct.

if you use a font-size of "8", then the sizes stay (mostly?) the same.
if you use a font-size of "32", the a toggle will have a size of "49"
instead of 15.

that is: the default size of the iemguis now adapts to the default size
of the rest of the canvas. toggles and hsliders will now have the same
default height as an ordinary object box.

> I am asking because it's quite a big change in look

in the *default* look.
the iemguis store their absolute sizes, so if you open an old patch, it
will still have those tiny sliders.

> and this was meant
> to be a minor release ... and it's not mentioned in the changelog

well, it was meant to be a bugfix release, but was upgraded to a "major"
release because the changes were too big for a simple bugfix release.
(since Pd doesn't really use the "major" version number, the "minor"
version number is bumped for a major release)

in any case, there have been plenty of changes to the iemguis, see e.g.
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1633

and yes: some of it should probably be mentioned in the release notes.

gdmsa
IOhannes