[PD] Pd freezing on Mac Ventura 13.0

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 11:37:21 CEST 2022

Not super surprising. None of us here really test beforehand with the public betas from Apple and the release timing coincides nicely with the middle of the uni semester. I suppose it's moot to suggest students to wait until Dec to upgrade. ;)

Personally, I generally wait a couple point releases or even skip whole versions. Currently I am in a development cycle, so I don't upgrade but will do so afterwards and check.

Feel free to open a bug report on the Git repo: https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/ <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/>

> On Oct 27, 2022, at 10:53 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 08:33:44 -0700
> From: Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu <mailto:msp at ucsd.edu>>
> To: Rick Snow <ricksnow at gmail.com <mailto:ricksnow at gmail.com>>
> Cc: pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Pd freezing on Mac Ventura 13.0
>
> I don't have access to any ventura machines but would like to hear more about
> this.  Looking down the portaudio github for the last year I don't see anything
> about breakage on Ventura.
>
> We can count on Apple though to break stuff on every OS release, harrumph.
>
> Miller
>
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 09:34:00AM -0500, Rick Snow wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is anyone able to get PD 53.0 to work on Mac Ventura?  I have a student with and PD 53 and 52 are freezing after a few minutes.  Changing the audio device will cause it to freeze almost immediately.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Rick

--------
Dan Wilcox