[PD] some gui objects with grey background in help patches?

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Fri Nov 18 22:25:54 CET 2022

Some more replies below inline...

* Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> [2022-11-18 19:36]:
[...]
> Now, if you are comparing to other help files from externals, there are no
> rules and standards. I actually see many external help files with some
> colors of their own, not to mention other formatting standards.
I see, I was not worried about inconsistencies between or with regart to
help patches for externals, which I experience to often be visually
different indeed.

It's rather the inconsistency within the vanilla help patches for
internal objects, and the objects that I create from the "Put" menu.

Furthermore, why should all iemgui's within one help patch be gray, and
number boexes, or the new graphical "symbol" object remain
black-and-white? What are users expected to learn from this visual
difference in the help patches, what does the color difference
signify? To me personally, the color does not transport any meaningful
information and this why I perceive it as a distraction rather than a
feature.

cheersz, P