[PD] some gui objects with grey background in help patches?

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Sun Nov 20 18:40:04 CET 2022

Dear Alexandre,

* Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> [2022-11-19 19:09]:
[...]
> I don't know what you mean by *new graphical "symbol" object* there is no
> "new" one.
Correct, I meant the graphical "list" object, created with Ctl+4.

[...]
> I say this because your point now seems to be that people may get
> distracted and confused by the fact these things can change color. I see
> your point, but I don't think you can speak for others.
I can only speak for myself of course, building upon the experience of
having taught more than several hundred Pd beginners in university
courses.

[...]
> So, even though you completely changed your point, I don't buy your new
> 'inconsistency' issue. I can't see any other meaningful discussion than an
> aesthetical one.
Darn, I had hoped to raise some awareness for less distraction in help
patches by kind of refraining from using colors except for the help
patches that demonstrate how to set and use colors.

Thank you for the discussion,
Peter