[PD] Apple Silicon (M1 Pro, M1 Max, M2) questions

kerry l. hagan klhagan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:03:49 CET 2022

Hi all,

I need to update my laptop, and I’m trying to decide between M1 Pro, M1 Max and M2. CPU benchmarks show that M1 Max runs fastest, but Miller told me that it may not handle Pd’s real time processes, that he saw messages about problems. So when I Googled and also searched this list, I’m finding issues with externals and compiling, but nothing specific about vanilla Pd, no externals, running poorly on Apple chips.

They’ve been out for a while (except M2), so maybe you all can advise?

Thanks,

Kerry