[PD] Another request to replace Pd's docs by a "better one" (was: some gui objects with grey background in help patches?)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 05:33:37 CET 2022

Em sex., 25 de nov. de 2022 às 22:13, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> I do agree with IOhannes to avoid the blue text sine it mimics text
> selection coloring.

That's been fixed a few commits ago already :)

Thanks for the answer.

It's funny, it seems people feel that the format from extended (that I also
kinda use Cyclone/ELSE) is the best way to go... but there are some cases
where things don't fit, like [expr]. I mentioned its case in L2ork... well,
a reference for [expr] can't really explain much and there's also another
problem I reported 4 years ago and wasn't fixed yet... asking for [expr~]'s
help gives you a help file only for [expr]. I now see they do have a
separate file for [expr~] and [fexpr~] but it doesn't get called. Also,
there are other 4 separate files for helping with details in expr you can
open, like "functions", "arrays". That's 7 in total! I like how only one
file takes care of it all in Vanilla :)  I was able to also make a single
and short subpatch reference and there's a more detailed and complete
reference as html.

It seems people want more a reference than a help patch. So I'm wondering,
should that open first and then we have "further examples and details" as a
subpatch? Of course someone will hate that :)

Maybe one can right click and ask either for help or for 'reference'?

Plan now is to also include new reference sections into the manual. Maybe
that can be called from the object. Is there a way to also open a patch in
Pd from an html file?

Brainstorming here :)

cheers