[PD] Deken command line

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Nov 27 23:19:48 CET 2022

On 11/27/22 22:28, Patco wrote:

> Yes, thanks for the hint, but actually this doesn’t work:
>
>   % deken install gge maxlib zexy
> Downloading 'http://puredata.info/Members/fjkraan/software/maxlib/1.5.8/maxlib[v1.5.8](Darwin-amd64-32)(Darwin-i386-32)(Sources).dek.asc' failed with '404'
> Downloading 'http://puredata.info/Members/zmoelnigbot/software/zexy/2.4.1/zexy[v2.4.1](Darwin-amd64-32)(Darwin-arm64-32)(Linux-amd64-32)(Linux-arm64-32)(Linux-armv7-32)(Linux-i386-32)(Windows-amd64-32)(Windows-i386-32).dek.asc' failed with ‘404'
>

> It works when I install using PureData interface.

that's because cmdline command interface is stricter when it comes to
requirements.
e.g. it tries hard to verify gpg-signatures (something the cmdline
interface doesn't even attempt to do).
you can ignore missing GPG signatures with the "--ignore-missing-gpg"
cmdline flag.

the 'deken' cmdline utility has plenty of flags to tune its behaviour,
which you can query with "--help".
also note that each subcommand has their own flags, so you might try
something like:
```
deken install --help
```

mfdsar
IOhannes

PS: i just tried to actually reproduce your error, and even without
specifying the "--ignore-missing-gpg" it downloads and installs the
files just fine, even though it cannot download the .asc signature. are
you sure that the installation is failing, or are you just seeing a
"failed" string and concluding that things are going wrong from there?
PPS: there actually seems to be an issue with 'deken', as it succeeds to
install, even if i explicitely tell it to *not* ignore the missing GPG
signature... but that's a different story.