[PD] RaspberryPI GEM

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 22:04:35 CET 2022

As far as I know, nope. GEM requires full OpenGL while RPi supports OpenGL ES only. GEM needs modernization to support ES and maybe Vulkan or something similar at some point but it's a *massive* effort likely.

I suggest writing a graphical frontend in a different environment such as OpenFrameworks and communicate between Pd and your app with OSC.

> On Dec 11, 2022, at 9:59 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 20:46:03 +0100
> From: Jean-Marie Adrien <jm.adrien.mnt at gmail.com <mailto:jm.adrien.mnt at gmail.com>>
> To: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: [PD] RaspberryPI GEM
>
> Hello
> Anyone knows wether it is feasible nowadays to run GEM on a Raspberry PI and process some 2500 pix_data grey value in real time at 25 fps ?
> Thanks !
> :)
> JM

--------