[PD] Fwd: [random] and seed value

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Mon Dec 12 01:33:01 CET 2022

Hi,

On 12.12.22 00:39, Sebastian Shader via Pd-list wrote:
> of course the most common suggestion is to use [date] and [time] from
> zexy. maybe the better solution is to put those objects into vanilla..
> because such an abstraction would be very simple also.

That is my current solution as well, using an abstraction [rand] with
[time] to set the seed on loadbang, and [inlet]s and [outlet] for the
respective ones in [random].

I have no opinion on the inclusion of these objects into vanilla Pd, I
use them exclusively for setting the seed of [random], while I always
use [z~] and [limiter~] from zexy, as well as often [list2symbol] and
[symbol2list], e.g. for converting symbols to float.

Thanks,
Thomas
--
"It seems to me, Golan, that the advance of civilization is nothing
but an exercise in the limiting of privacy."