[PD] [PD-announce] ELSE 1.0-0 Releasead candidate #5 is out!

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 21:23:35 CET 2022

Hi! I'm calling it a year and wrapping up a new update just to mark exactly
one year of work since Dec 17, 2021, when I released the last beta version
of ELSE. I'm finally slowing down. In 2021 there were 9 releases, which was
relatively less. 2022 only has 5 and I could wait more for this 5th release
candidate release which doesn't really have a lot and I got lots and lots
of cool stuff in the oven.

The main thing I have to offer now is a new [gendyn~] object that I've been
having lots of fun with. Yes, this is that stochastic synthesis thingy
based on Xenakis' stuff. I also added new table reader objects that can
handle many interpolation methods and made nice addition and revisions to
my tutorial specially about interpolation theory.

See https://github.com/porres/pd-else/releases/tag/v1.0-rc5 for more
details and a complete changelog (with breaking changes as usual).

Current object count in ELSE is now 466 and the number of examples in the
tutorial (with about 15 years of development now) has reached 492! Next
month in 2023, ELSE completes 6 years and this is its 56th release amongst
alpha/beta/release candidates! I hope to make a final release throughout
the next year at last, with things hopefully stabilizing and slowing down
even more so I can do other stuff :)

A download with the main architectures is up in deken already! I'm keeping
only the last 4 releases up there to save server space and since rc4 I am
only uploading binaries for 64bit systems (you can download all releases
and for other architectures in github - just give me a minute)

Merry Xmas and a Happy new year!

ps. allow me to also mention PlugData -
https://github.com/plugdata-team/plugdata - a project by Tim Schoen that
includes ELSE out of the box, has a MAX like interface and can also run as
a plugin. Tim has been helping me a lot and also has a finger in some of
the updates in ELSE. This update should be part of PlugData soon.